Skip to main content

Happy Australia Day 2015


Happy Australia Day!!

This year Australia Day falls on Monday the 26th of January!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with it's history, briefly, Australia Day commemorates the landing of the British First Fleet in Sydney Cove back in 1788. This mission was to establish an agricultural work camp, to segregate British convicts from the general population.

Australia was officially christened "Australia" in 1824 and before that it was referred to as "New Holland".

I did a quick search around and there really aren't any Australia Day cards being designed :(

So I thought I'd come up with a few to start a trend!!

Check out my Australia Day post as a guest designer at:  Aunty Vera's Scrap & Craft 

Here are a few more cards that didn't make that post:

Card 1: Australia


For this card, I tried to simulate the red earth of the Aussie desert as well as the long distance between us and anyone else. I used paper from the Kaisercraft 6.5" Vintage Timeless Paper pad, flags from my local $2 store and the typewriter from the We R Memory Keepers Albums Made Easy Icon Dies.




I inked the background with vintage sea, then chalked around it with white chalk ink, added a little glitter to simulate the sparkle of the grain of sand in the sun and then applied glossy accents to the sentiment to give it a lovely gloss.



Card 2: I still call Australia HOME

This is version 2 of the card done on my guest blog spot. I really like everything about this card from the sentiment to the masculine design.


I used both the Geo marker & the typewriter die from the We R Memory Keepers Albums Made Easy Icon Dies and applied Glossy accents to make it a it more dimensional. When I took these pics the glossy accents hadn't completely dried yet which explain the slight cloudy effect seen with the flash photography.





Card 3- Flag Bundle


This last design is really simple but effective.



 I love the twine bow. Mind you it took a little bit of practise to get it right. My advise to you if you find it going up-down instead of horizontally is to do it the opposite way of how you are currently doing it.

AmiraInOz2015
Aussie Flag
There you go. Three cards, handmade, for Australia Day 2015.



Until next time, happy crafting.

xxAmira






Comments