Skip to main content

Altered Playing Cards

Hi Everyone,

I have discovered the coolest Altered Playing Card Challenge and I just couldn't help but join in the fun.

It is hosted by Claudine at Claudine's Art Corner. I have never altered Playing Cards before and wanted to learn from a good artist so I thought I'd play along with her and many like minded individuals whom I have met on the FaceBook Page

Every week you alter 2 cards so that by week 26 the entire pack has been altered!

So in week 1, I had to prep all 52 playing cards by coating them with gesso.


Here are Claudine's Wk2:


And here are mine:


I used exactly the same techniques that she did but I used my own supplies so of course they were going to be different and I love that about art!

Here are Claudine's week 3 cards:


And here are mine:


LoL :) I loved how they both turned out. Here I used my Mini Gears dies from Memory Box and metal clock charm as well as a branch and bird die set by Couture Creations.

Here are Claudine Week 4 Cards:



And here are mine:


I created this using my "Good Neighbours" Stampin' Up Stamp set. I love how small everything is!


Here are Claudine Week 5 Cards:


And here are mine:



I realise it is at this stage that I have totally gone off into my own world. I did not have anything remotely close to the stamp and ephemera Claudine used so I thought I would use a stamp set of this cute giraffe (I don't know where he is from sorry) and then I shrunk passport pics of my Nanna and made this travel themed APC. I love and adore them both for how different they are to anything I would ever have produced!

I have only been at this for 4 weeks now and I can honestly can I have learnt a whole bunch of techniques PLUS I have busted out some stamps and dies that have been a little neglected which is just great!!

I will keep you updated on how the challenge proceeds. Have I by any chance inspired you to start the challenge yourself? I hope so :)

Thanks for stopping by.

xxAmira


Comments