Skip to main content

Glassine Bags

Hi Everyone,

I have discovered a new love for wax paper now that I have discovered how to make these gorgeous glassine bags.

Sometimes, I make cards that are a little bulky, due to the addition of embellishments ,or are too square for a regular envelope, and although I do have an envelope punch board, I love the opportunity these glassine bags give me to decorate and match the card I want to send within it.

Here is a few examples of some bags I made:

Glassine Bag #1- She Believed she could so she did


This glassine bag is a combination of papers by Kaiser, Lattice Frameworks Die By Sizzix and washi tape. I also used my Martha Stewart Lace Punch to create a pretty lace pattern along the edge of the bag


Glassine Bag #2- Alder Tree


This design once again, uses various pattern paper from previous Kaiser collections as well as the Alder Tree Die from Memory box and the Arrow die from Technique Tuesday Heart Card Steel die. I also did a little bit of stamping using Memento Tuxedo Ink to see if it would take. There is also a few strips of washi tape. I really like the look this one achieves.

Glassine Bag #3- Butterfly Tag Bag


With this bag, I decided to stamp using black Staz ON and the image on the bag was extremely pleasing! I then decided to emboss (using diamond embossing folder possibly by Darice) a tag (made by the Sizzix Framelit die set Tag Collection by Tim Holtz) and add butterfly embellishment die-cut with my SpellBinders Die D-lites and some glossy magazine paper. Once again, I used my Lace punch along the bottom to create a border and washi tape along the top. I love how this one turned out too!!

So enough chatting! Let me show you some more of what I made.













I hope you give it a try. You can find these on my FaceBook page. Just look under albums :)

Thanks for stopping by.
xxAmira

Comments