Skip to main content

12 Tags of 2015- May Tag

Hello and Welcome Dear Reader,
Firstly, my apologies for being a bit late with posting my May Tag!!
It's not that I'm lazy. HONEST! I've just had A LOT on my plate lately. But I promise you, everything is slowly coming down to "acceptable crazy" levels rather than "all-out crazy busy".

On with the show...here is Tim's Tag for May:


I knew as soon as I saw this tag that my grandmother's passport picture, that I have had in my drawer not knowing what to do with it, was going to be the feature item here. I also loved the idea of having a fabric tag..this was going to be a GOOD ONE!!

Here is how mine turned out:


I would say this month's tag was more a collage type- use-up- your- bits- and-pieces tag than an actual learning- a- new- technique tag. But Im ok with that!! I have drawers of bits and bobs!!


Just a closer look at my beautiful Nanna...Rest In Peace darling Nanna..we will be together soon God- Willing.....


Buttons and flowers!!! My scrappin' heaven!


I love the quote!
I lifted it word for word from Tim's tag using my computer.


Now here is my problem, this is supposed to be for a swap and I just know in my heart I can't give this away. So I had to make another one:


This one is just as beautiful, but I can happily give this one away to my swap partner. 
Talk about sentimental value!! It really exists.


I found this beautiful image on the net and used Mod Podge to glue and seal it. I then added glossy accents to give it a bit more dimension. When I came upon it the next morning, it had cracked. I dont really mind it because it adds to the vintage of the piece. 


And here are the tags side-by-side.


Same but different. I love them both.

Oh and for once, I actually got my tag from my partner before I got my blog up so I can show you what I received. I LOVE IT...Thank you Helen.


Thank you so much for stopping by. Comments are cherished and welcome below.
Happy crafting 
xx AmiraInOz




Comments

  1. I absolutely adore these tags. The one you did with your Nanna is something to cherish forever. I am sure she would be delighted if she could see what you did with her passport photo. The other tag is just as beautiful and the recipient is indeed a lucky lady. The tag you received is all sorts of wonderful. I love the black and white and the subdued pink. I love the tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow and WOW! Love all these. What a brilliant idea to use Nanna's passport photo - which is so beautiful!! Nanna would love that tag. Love that the photo on 2nd tag cracked....when I first saw it I thought it was a 'real' old photo! Your swap partner's tag is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment