Skip to main content

Mixed Media Morning

Hi Crafty friends,

I have just come back from a GREAT morning out!

My friend Catherine took me to her usual ATC morning group and I found myself squealing with delight as I experienced.....Marbled Embossing using Perfect Pearls!!

The class is run by the charismatic Kelsey O'Mullane whose blog you can find here.

To start the morning, she had her own ATC's out for display. 

Look at these babies!!


"King" 
(Background is a Canvas Resist Technique and the embossed
pieces are the 3 crowns at the top.)



"Sister"
(Background is a 
watercolour drip, the heart is
the embossed piece.)


"Flighty"
(Plastic Parchment Technique Background and the 
embossing is done on the rectangular 
chipboard frame.)



"Nature concentrated"... (Foil background
and the bird is the embossed piece.  You can
clearly see the perfect pearls in
Gold & Mint in this piece.)

I knew I was in good hands and couldn't wait to learn some new techniques!!

So, today, we made embellishments using a product called UTEE  (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) , which I have never worked with before, and Perfect Pearls. I have water coloured with Perfect Pearls before but never anything more. I was excited to be able to use some of the stuff I had brought along.

Here are some of the embellishments I made:












I just kept on choosing different coloured embossing powders then adding the UTEE then choosing different colors of Perfect Pearls to make a marble effect on these chipboards. 
And I had SO MUCH FUN!!
No thinking, only playing!!

Then I was given a raffle:


And then asked to be the one to pick out the winning raffle and I PICKED OUT MY OWN NUMBER! Now that has never happened before.

And my winnings was one of Kelsey's beautiful ATC's.
I got the one I secretly wanted.


Hooray!!

Now my challenge is to come home and make an ATC with my new chipboard embellishments.
So if you'll excuse me, I think my crafting table calls.
Thank you so much for stopping by,
xxAmiraInOz



Comments