Skip to main content

Mermaid in my Pocket (Letter)

Dear All,

Im back to show you one more project I made with Kaisercraft's new Sail Away Collection.
A Pocket Letter using Julie Nutting's Sallie Mermaid Stamp.

If you are not familiar with Pocket Letter's they were created by Janette Lane in 2015. You can check her out here and learn all about them.
I have joined the PL phenomenon and have joined a few groups on Facebook and swapped with some amazing pocket letter pals!
It's been an absolute joy!

So the pride and joy of this PL is Sallie Mermaid herself. I coloured her in using Kaiser Fusion Markers and I decided to use sequinned ribbon as her scales and her bikini top. 

It is so fantastic- I love how it turned out!!!


Notice the shaker pocket in bottom left pocket # 7. I used my Fuse tool to create that :)

Here is a close up:


The sequins thread runs through her body like it is part of her fishy form. 
Just perfect!


The 9 pieces of paper I used for this PL are actually cut parts from the Sail-Away collection sheet.

For the top part of the PL, I made a banner using the 12x12 Rope Sheet and if I was swapping this with a pal, I would add her name to the banner to personalise it.

I then used pieces from the embellishment pack to add more dimension.


My favourite embellishment has GOT to be this pirate/sail ship. I WISH they made a die for this!!


Here is a closer look at Sallie's tail where I used 2 different sequin ribbons.



Now for the back of the PL:

Some people do not bother with the back but I DO!!


The back is also where you add goodies to share with your pal.


I love this pocket on the back. I used the matching stamp set and inked the compass and then fussy cut it out to make it look aged.

In the pocket below, I used the anchor die-cut on the rope page. Love how it looks alongside the hessian "rags".





Now for the middle pocket!!
Once again, I used my Fuse Tool by We R Memory Keepers to create this pocket and I used Fran-tage hot yellow colour fragments by Stampendous to simulate sand around the anchor.


There are also shells and star fish that show up among the "sand" as you shake the PL from side to side. SO MUCH FUN to design!

I just HAD to incorporate a hessian tag here too! I love the texture!


Here it the front one more time :)



Thank you so much for joining me :)

Check out the Australia Pocket Letter FB Group here.

I hope you found inspiration here..
xxAmiraInOz

Comments