Skip to main content

Prima Hybrids- Off with their heads!

Hi Everyone,

Im back again to show you what Ive been doing during the not so lazy summer holidays.

This is a project I shared as a Team designer on AuntyVera Scrap and Craft blog. You can check it out here.

Im one of those people who gets a bit bored with using the same stamps over and over again so I got this GREAT IDEA!!!

What would each Julie Nutting Doll look like if her head was placed on another body??

Lets test it out!!!

So to start off with, I only have the following Julie Nutting Doll Stamps:

Sea Sallie Mermaid


Nikki with the Peasant Dress:

Taylor:


Meghan:

And Aidan (the only boy stamp I have):



So the first thing I did was stamp them all out!!
This took lots of time and in my fervour, I didn't not take pictures at this stage.
But you know what that stage looks like !!

Let me just say that I use Archival Ink for all my stamping!!

Then, the next stage is the one that takes the most time!!

Colouring in (I use Kaiser Fusion Markers) or paper piecing (with scrapbooking paper because I must whittle down that growing pile of scraps!).

I did a bit of each to mix it up a bit.

And my favourite: FUSSY CUTTING!!!

Here is one I remembered to take a picture of:




Now for the grisly bit!!

I started chopping off the heads off each of the dolls!
If you are doll squeamish, look away now!!


EEEK!!!


Leaving behind lots of headless bodies...

Like this!!






Next, I decided to line things up by keeping the body constant and changing out the heads.



That stream-lined everything and I was set !!!

Queue the music!

Sit back and watch the fashion show!!

First in line- Here is Mermaid Sallie's body as you've never seen her before!!



From the left to the right-
Hybrid Mermaid Sallie with Aidan's head
Hybrid Mermaid Sallie with Nikki's head
Hybrid Mermaid Sallie with Taylor's head
Hybrid Mermaid Sallie with Meghan's head
And original Mermaid Sallie


Next in line is Aidan's body:


From the left to the right-
Original Aidan
Hybrid Aidan's body with Nikki's head
Hybrid Aidan's body with Taylor's head
Hybrid Aidan's body with Meghan's head
Hybrid Aidan's body with Mermaid Sallie's head

Aidan was the hardest of the group because he has a wider head and larger shoulders so I had to contour his neck to fit on the dainty shoulders of the girl stamps.



Next in line was Taylor's body:


From the left to the right-
Hybrid Taylor's Body with Aidan's head
Hybrid Taylor's Body with Nikki's head
Original Taylor
Hybrid Taylor's Body with Meghan's head
Hybrid And Taylor's Body with Mermaid Sallie's head

Here comes Nikki's body:



From the left to the right-
Hybrid Nikki's Body with Aidan's head
Original Nikki
Hybrid Nikki's Body with Taylor's head
Hybrid Nikki's Body with Meghan's head
And Hybrid Nikki's Body with Mermaid Sallie's head

And last of all, here is Meghan's body:


From the left to the right-
Hybrid Meghan's Body with Aidan's head
Hybrid Meghan's Body with Nikki's head
Hybrid Meghan's Body with Taylor's head
Original Meghan's
And Hybrid Meghan's Body with Mermaid Sallie's head

WOW!!!
That was a lot of work!!
But don't they look fantastic?

Now just to show you how much work it was, take a look at this picture I took with them spread out on my dining table!



I had to stand up on the table to be able to show them all to you.

Hmmm, so this begs the question, what do I do with ALL these Hybrid dolls????
Any suggestions???
Also, which one is your fave???
I must say Mermaid Sally looks great on all the bodies.
Must be the way she has her hair :)

Would love to hear from you in the comments below.
I hope you found inspiration here.

xxAmiraInOz















Comments