Skip to main content

Interactive Tags and Frame Cards

Hello Crafty friends,

Today, I wanted to play with this card stock Tag Frames Pack by Pebbles


Find this tag pack here

When you open the pack, it contains 12 elements that look like this:



I decided to make cards with these elements using different techniques and achieving different results.

Card 1- Smile

You'll remember this card from my last post.LINKHERE


The background was achieved using a "smooching "technique using Distress Oxide  (in Fossilised Amber) as then stamped using the Doodle Stamp set. 
I then stamped one of the Hipster stamps (purchased separately from the kit) and used a circle die to die-cut the head and then mounted it with 3D foam tape to give it a bit of dimension.
I coloured the stamp in with Prima water colors and layered the newsprint frame with more foam tape.
I used the "smile" from a Kaisercraft Block die set to give the card it's sentiment.
Lastly, I mounted the card front onto a red card base.

I love this card because it looks like a newspaper editor had to get his photo taken for a column and he wasn't too happy about it.

Card 2- Shaker Card ~ This is the life 

This card was inspired by one of the cut apart from the 12"x12" double sided patterned paper "Vertical elements". 

It's a typical mobile phone conversation that just had to immortalised in a shaker card.


I cut some clear acetate to fit the window of the tag "this is the life" and secured it down with double sided tape.
I then mounted all sides of the frame with 3D foam tape, added sequins of different colors plus some cute hello kitty mini charms and then sealed the frame onto the 4" x 6" cut apart.


I mounted the card front onto a red card base and then layered the red and black chevron washi tapes on the bottom right hand corner.

Shake, shake, shake!



Card 3 - 'thank you' Interactive Slider Card

This interactive card is a different version of the "magic slider card" technique.





I loved THE VERSION by Paula from Craftables.
After making several awesome cards for my boys, I adapted it to a quicker interactive version.

This card is actually 2 components that go together to become interactive.


For the Gorjuss component, I cut out a 3.5" x 3.5" panel of clear acetate to fit the window of the frame.
I then stamped a mini Gorjuss girl on that acetate.


I then stamped the same Gorjuss on blank card stock and attached the 2 pieces with a file tab at the top left hand corner.


I cut out a separate piece of patterned card stock measuring 4" x 9.5" and score in half to make a top folding card.



To one side I add a strip of thin (1/8th) double sided tape on either end (see picture below).
To the other, I emboss a 3.75" x 4.75" piece of white card stock with a floral embossing pattern and stick it down to the front of the card.


I adhered this top loading card front to a 5" x 4.15" black card stock. 



This area is now an opening for the Gorjuss interactive element of the card to pop in and out of.
Now time to play!!

The clear acetate goes on top of the embossed card stock so you have a plain uncoloured image.

And when you pull the tab, you see the image color before your very eyes. 








A few embellishments like the "thank you" ticket stub, the butterfly die-cut and the lipstick kiss sticker on the acetate add so much character to this interactive card.

Card 4- Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful



This card is done a little differently.

The base card measures 9" x 3.5" and is scored @ 4.5" to make a top folding card.


Since the open window of my frame is 3"x 3", I cut out some clear acetate to measure 3.5" x 3.5".
To this, I stamped a Gorjuss girl using Staz On ink.

I then placed the stamped acetate over the open window of this frame, then mounted the frame with double sided  tape along 3 sides leaving the top open.

I then secured the frame to the base card and added a few embellishments from my stash to the acetate and the front cover of the card.


To create the insert, I embossed white card with Kaisercraft's "Roses" folder then added a few "splotches" of water color for a fun effect.


A tab along the top of the embossed white card stock indicates to the user that this is an interactive element that can be pulled out.




Card 5- Interactive Pocket Slider Card ~ Selfie

Another interactive card, this time using the horizontal tag.

I cut patterned paper to the dimensions 10.5" x 5.5" and scored it to get 3 identical panels.


In the middle panel, I used a rectangle die to cut out a window that was about the same size of the tag I was using.
I then added a window frame to cover up the sliding mechanism.

I then constructed my Gorjuss Interactive Element as before this time using a tag instead of a frame.



I followed the slider mechanism as in the tutorial done by Paula.

This is the hidden coloured image underneath the layers of the card obstructed by the patterned paper.
Note the stop mechanism to prevent the whole thing from pulling all the way out.



This is the inside of the card where the clear acetate goes in over the patterned paper.
I wanted to use patterned paper this time instead of the embossed paper or plain paper as a change.
Also note the thin double sided sticky tape as far as possible from the sliding mechanism.
This is SO IMPORTANT.


Flip over the middle portion of the pattern paper and you get to see the Gorjuss girl through that open window that you die cut in the first portion of the card.


This flip over again to form an interactive pocket slider Gorjuss Card






Card 6- Hey There

This card is a simple tag card.
The tag is adhered to a 5.5" x 5" side folding base card in a U formation with double sided sticky tape. 
For the open window of the tag, I embossed white card stock with Kaisercraft folder "Handwritten" and then adhered it to the tag.

I then cut a frame out of red card stock and place it on top of the tag frame.
A few embellishments like the wood camera, the butterfly embellishment and some stickers finish off the card along with the banner sentiment "Hey There!".


For the interactive element,  I stamped a mini Gorjuss girl on a 3.5" x 2" frosted vellum sheet which I attached a tab to.




It can slip right into the tag to cover up the embossing panel front but it is sheer enough to still see the embossed pattern.

Uncolored Gorjuss interactive element

I went the extra step to color her in.




Card 7 - Friends, Selfie, Hello

This final card uses up the photo reel picture frames.
I cut up a piece of acetate large enough to cover the open window frames and attached the frame in a "C" formation with double sided sticky tape to the striped patterned paper.



I cut 3 panels of Nina white Solar paper @ 2.5" W x 1 7/8" H.
To each of these I added a tab, stamped and coloured a different mini Gorjuss girl.
These are the interactive elements of this card.


I then attached that to the black patterned paper which is adhered to the 4" x 8" card base as a side loading pocket which means I only adhered 3 sides down (once again "C" formation).



If you would like to see these pictures, I have a video HERE.



I hope you give interactive cards a go.
They are a lot of fun.
xxAmira


Comments