Skip to main content

Halloween Play Challenge #4- Feather and Ravens

Welcome back to Day #4 of the #HalloweenPlayChallenge.

Today I am playing with this magnificent Feather & Ravens die!!!


We have crows here in Australia which made me wonder what the difference between a raven and crow is.

I did go off and have a look. If you are interested, see HERE

Back to my card :)

I assembled my die-cut elements on a water color card front and it sparked such a wonderful scene in my mind that I knew straight away the scene I wanted to create.


I used my Distress Oxides to create a beautiful night sky of greys and blues (Faded Jeans and Iced Sprice).
Once again the crescent moon and the bats feature here.


I love the start black of the die-cut raven against the blue-grey of the sky.


Love the splashes of grey on the background making it look like more bats in the distance.


And I love the romantic sentiment here "Seek the silence of the night bu moonlight"- 
Just perfect for this scene.



I enjoyed this die-set so much I made another card while I was at it this time reversing the colors in the background.


Love the bird in flight over the full moon...


... and the chalky outline which mimics the effect of the mon glow on the feather and on the raven.


And here are my 2 cards side by side.



The process video for this can be found HERE

Remember, if you are inspired by this video, go ahead and take a picture of your project and upload it to Halloween Challenge Album in the FB Group.

There are 3 prizes up for grabs and the more times you enter a different project into the album, the more chances you have to win one of the amazing prizes.
Read more about the challenge HERE (original blog post)

Have you ever tried to make a romantic night sky scene using blues and greys before?

Happy Halloween Crafting.
xxAmira

Comments