Skip to main content

Tag Clusters for Pretty Cards - Julie Nutting PaperDolls

Hello crafty friends,

Today I am gazing lovingly at my Julie Nutting "Paper Dolls" patterned paper and thinking I want to make some "Happy Birthday" and "Thank You" cards.

This paper collection is part of the November Kit at Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft.


So I gathered some of my JN and other stamps ...



... as well as some of my dies



and sat to make a flurry of cards.

Here are my card bases all lined up like good soldiers.
These are 4.5" x 6"


Next I cut the papers to 3.75" x 5.25"


I also chose some co-ordinating card stock to matt the papers.
These are cut some mat 4" x 5.5"


 Next, I stamped out a whole lot of the images.
Some on white paper and some on script patterned paper.
These vary in sizes depending on the stamp used.



Next, I matted them with coloured card stock leaving a thin border.


Now it's time to cut some tags!



And make some die-cuts 


 Now it's time to layer.



And add the stamped image to each 'tag cluster'.


Next, it's time die-cut your sentiment out of several different kinds of elements.



Here I have used:
- Glitter Foam
- Glitter Paper
- Corrugated Paper

Let's start assembling our cards!


Step 1- Matting
Mat your card base by choosing a color that co-orinated with the patterned paper of your choice. 
 In this case, I chose a peach color.


Step 2:
Add your 'tag cluster'


Here I also added a little 'gauze" as an extra texture.

Step 3- Add embellishments.

Here I've added the heart die-cut and also a second strip of matted patterned paper.


 Step 4- Add Sentiment


Everything is so light in this pale pink and blue color scheme so I decided to ink around the bird die-cut and the sentiment with a little Salty Ocean Distress Ink just so that it stood out.

Step 5- Add that little "extra"


Here, I used my Nuvo to add some extra elements enamel dots.
You may also like to use bling, sequins or paint splatter.

Step 6- Add ribbon

Card 1- Blue bird Thank You

I used a little bit of ribbon from the Nov kit and added it to the tag by stamping with my mini attacher. It adds that final touch somehow.

I love how soft and layered it looks.


Card 2- Glittery Happy Birthday

Now that you know the steps to how I make my cards, I'll just show you the before and after pics (always my fav!). 





 Cards 3 & 4 were matted with  red and blue card stock.



Card 3- Thank You Red Bird
Card 4- Thank You Glitter Blue Splat

Cards 5 & 6 started out like this ...


I decided to do some heat embossing on the plain white die-cuts.

This frame I prettied up with VersaMark and some gold embossing powder.


And for those who do not have any VersaMark, did you know you could heat emboss with Distress Ink? Just ink up using whatever color you want your embellishment to be, then add clear embossing powder and heat set!

Here I used Abandoned Coral.



And did you know that Distress Oxides can also be heat embossed?
Sure saves on buying embossing powders in different colors!


So this is how the cards turned out :)



Card 4- Gold glitter Happy Birthday
Car 5- Pink Glittery Happy Birthday

Cards 7 & 8 showcased this pretty blue plaid pattern in both a red and blue card stock matt.


For these cards, I wanted to play with stencils.

So I sprayed one of the cards with Heidi Swapp's Gold shine ..


And added Nuvo glimmer paste through the stencil for the other


This is how those cards turned out.

Card 7- Purple Glitter Happy Birthday
Card 8- Purple Glitter Thank You


 And finally cards 9 & 10.


These were simply finished off with  Prima flowers.
The card on the right had this beautiful metallic mouse stencilled on it.


The card on the left has an interactive component with the folded over ribbons stapled with the tiny attacher to the stamped doll section.

Card 9 - Blue Glitter Thank You
Card 10- Gold Glitter Thank You

As you may or may not have noticed, I chose to leave ALL the stamped dolls here un-painted.
I wanted to show how good the cards look even when you don't have time to color them in.


Here are all my cards :)




Now I wish I could have had a video out for you but at the moment, my video editor program keeps crashing and is making everything so difficult.
So we will just have to leave it at BLOG level - like the good ol' days.

Keep on crafting and making beautiful things :)
xxAmira

Comments

Post a Comment