Skip to main content

DeskTop Photo Display Card ~ Carta Bella's 'Hello Sweetheart'

Hi Crafty friends,

My most favourite item in the Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft February kit has got to be the papers by Carta Bella!!






I wanted to make an 'off the page' project so I could showcase these papers year round.
And since it was Valentine's Day, I also wanted to incorporate pictures of the people I love the most.

So 2 birds, 1 stone- I came up with this photo frame design which I modelled off a Vellum Luminary Card I saw on Pinterest.

I'm calling it the Valentine DeskTop Photo Frame /  Mini Craft Peg Board / Display Card... or whatever you would like to call it HAHA!!

All you need to construct the base is 1 sheet of 12" x 12" card stock.

Cut this to 10" x 12".
Along the 12" edge, score @:
- 3"
- 6"
- 9"

Along the 10" edge, cut in half @ 5".

Fold in valleys and mountains to both to get something that looks like this.



To the front frame, attach paper of your choice to either panels.


Next, I used my Tim Holtz Mixed Media hexagon thinlet to create a "see-through" pattern in the front panel.





To the back frame, I cut a 6" x 5" piece of patterned paper and attached it to the centre.


I then attached the front frame to the back frame by applying double sided sticky tape to the right and left panels only.


To the back of the back frame, I chose to display the beautiful collection by attaching 3" x 5"panels.


My downright FAVOURITE piece of paper is this ONE



I fussy cut a whole bunch of the flowers and attached them to the hexagon frame using PVA glue.



This formed an area where I could attach pictures of my choice which I attached with mini craft pegs from my stash.

Next, I customised the journaling cards by adding sentiments from the Tim Holtz sticker book to make them more relevant to the subject matter- my love for my family.


I loved this so much I decided to keep going and added sentiments to my pictures.







Time for the pics to go onto my "peg board".






To the left and right front panels, I added the cut apart journaling cards to further decorate the frame.


Through the unattached middle of the frame and the die-cut hexagon pattern, I attached more family pictures which I held in place with paper clips.



These can be swapped out to the front as needed for a change.



This frame is such a wonderful celebration of love- it can sit on a bed side table, be displayed on a mantle or even placed on a coffee table.



To watch the process video, check it out HERE.

Thank you for stopping by.
I hope you are inspired to make one of these.

By the way, what would YOU call it??

Let me know in the comments below :)

xxAmira
















Comments