Skip to main content

Love & Art ~ Black & White Photo Journal

Hello Crafty Friends,

Today's creative team design project is inspired by 3 products in Aunty Vera's February Kit Love & Art.

The first is this gorgeous floral lace by Prima.


The second is this lovely ephemera pack by Crate Paper.


The last is this delightful charm pack by Pink Paisley.


So naturally, I created a journal that incorporates all these amazing products.

But not just any journal!

This is a black and white themed journal.

How you ask? 
With all these colourful elements?

Well the journal is made from white card stock, white copier paper and book pages.
I didn't take any pics at this stage so you will have to head over to the video to see how I made it.

The photos where printed out in black & white.

So the elements that I used can really POP and they sure do.

I created 3 layouts in this journal.
Obviously, I will go ahead and finish this book but for the purposes of this project, I will only make 3 layouts.

Layout #1- Just Love

I love how this photo is layered with scraps of paper from the Hello Sweetheart Carta Bella Collection. They really pop against the book pages.



Love the script font in this ephemera piece.



I used Tim Holtzs' sticker clippings as a prompt for my journaling.





Layout #2 - Happy Day

I just love everything about this layout.
See how much white space I left!!
Proud of myself.




Stickers can really add to your layout!!



And I do LOVE those clippings as journal prompts.


As this was my first double page layout, I decided to cut down one of the strips in the 12" x 12" paper 'Border Strips'.




Layout #3- All the feels


I love so many elements on this page it's hard to pick a favourite.




The arrow and the scripted font (love).



The tag that captures the memory of this photo (love).





This gorgeous black and white 'x' 'heart' tag!!



My beautiful boy - so brave and handsome.



I did the same with another strip of the border paper.




The cover of my journal is made with card stock which I taped together with painters tape.

I inked the cover to give it more of an aged look and feel using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


I then added some horizontal paper from the 'Hello Sweetheart' Carta Bella Paper Collection
and a doily.

Now for the trim!


Yes that looks good!

I added a piece of Kraft paper that came in some packaging I received.




Next, I added a shiny, textured paper from my stash (hello Im Dory).




Add vellum.



Next come the glitter heart (from the ephemera pack) and a donated feather from an Australian bird LOL.


Before I give you close ups of the front cover after it's all been stuck down, let me show you what I did with the back cover.




I added some of my vintage papers, all inked and torn at some of the edges.




Love the look!


Now back to the front.

 I added some lace from Kaisercraft.
Love how it complements the trim.





That feather is also a great addition.



I attached the charm with some floss which I then stapled using my mini stapler.



I like the pop of pink.

 And here is my romantic black and white photo journal.


Looks like something from the last century- a ladies journal of some sorts.


Which is exactly the look I was going for.


This process video was so long that I edited it into 2 parts.

 Part 1 HERE
Part 2 HERE

I hope you are inspired to create one for yourself.

xxAmira

Comments