Skip to main content

Gorjuss 'Mini' Art Journal 2018 ~ March ~ Be the girl who decided to go for it

Hello crafty friends,

I am back with the March layout for my 'Mini' Art Journal 2018.

I will be working in my DIY watercolor art journal.
I have a tutorial for you if you want to make one yourself.
Check it out HERE


For this layout I decided to use Stamp No.59 'Flying above it all' Gorjuss Mini stamp by Santoro.


Because she is an 'arial' image, I decided it was really important to make a predominantly sky layout.

For this, I used my Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks.


To achieve my sky background, I used 
- Sky,
- Night,
- Black
Watch the process video (link below to see how I achieved the 'motion' with a flat brush).

I also used the Scribble sticks to color in most of the image (except the skin)

For the bird, I used turquoise, the dress was blackberry , the bird's cheek is magenta and the hair is black. For the skin, I reverted to my Prima watercolor set.
Next, I decided to use this pretty die by Lawn Fawn 'Little Town Border'



I die- cut it out of black card stock and back it up with gold card stock to give the illusion that the lights were on in each house.




Next, I added a clear sticker which became the sentiment for this layout.


A metal charm and some puffy heart stickers complete this layout nicely.


I love how this came together.


My favourite character is this cute little bird!
I feel like I should give the bird a name!

Love the glow of the gold paper through the houses.




And here are all 3 layouts so far !!


I hope you are enjoying this series so far :)

You can watch the process video HERE


I hope you are making good use of your Gorjuss stamps!
They are really a lot of fun.

Still thinking on a name for her pet bird.
Any suggestions??

xxAmiraInOz
















Comments